I ran the Marine Corp Marathon this past weekend. I always shoot for a sub 5 hour marathon and it always seems that I can't make it. Out of the 10 marathons that I've done, I beat 5 hours twice - my very first time in 2005 at the Las Vegas Marathon (I finished in 4:58:59) and in 2006 at the Shamrock Marathon (I finished in 4:39:26). All others have been embarrassingly over 5 hours. I am happy to report that my time for MCM was 5:02:09. I'll take it for the moment considering I am about 20 pounds over weight and it takes a lot of effort to keep me going for 26.2 miles. Let's hope I do better in March at the next Shamrock.
I lost a toenail again. It's the same toenail that just grew back enough for me to get a pedi for my upcoming vacation, but nnnoooooooooo ~ I will have ugly runner's feet in Hawaii. It is quite disgusting. I need a toe condom to keep the ooze from soaking through my sock. It fricking hurts. I shouldn't have cut part of my toenail off like a barbarian, but the blister underneath it needed to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment